Taproot Theatre Company’s Senior Matinee Program provides seniors with an affordable way to participate in live theatre. Seniors aged 62 and older can enjoy a convenient daytime performance at our theatre. We offer Sennheiser listening devices, a Hearing Loop in the Jewell Mainstage Theatre, wheelchair and walker accessible seating.
Our performances make a great outing for Retirement Communities, Senior Centers, book clubs, church groups and more. For more information or to book your tickets, please contact Group Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org 206.781.9708.
Welcome to Intergenerational Matinees at Taproot Theatre! Our intergenerational program enhances student education, providing theatre as a tool and springboard for learning, growth and communication. Additionally, these matinees are intended to bridge a gap between student and senior groups creating a learning environment where different ages can interact and discuss the play.
Tickets for Intergenerational Matinees cannot always be purchased online; if not available online, for single tickets call the Box Office at 206.781.9707, for student/senior groups call Group Sales at 206.781.9708.
2017 Intergenerational Matinee Season
Relativity | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
By Mark St. Germain
Age Recommendation: 12+
Free Teacher Preview: Tue, Sept 19 @ 7:30pm
A National New Play Network Rolling World Premiere. In 1902 Albert and Mileva Einstein had a daughter. After 1904 she was never seen or spoken of again. Fast forward to 1948 – as an insistent reporter searches for answers to Einstein’s secrets, she discovers that not everything adds up.
Suggested Subjects: History, Language Arts, Science, Journalism, Theatre/Drama
What are the benefits of attending an Intergenerational Matinee at Taproot Theatre?
- Tickets to a Jewell Mainstage production.
- Teachers are invited to attend FREE preview performances.
- FREE reproducible Play Guide that includes: articles relating to the show, an early look at the set and costumes, a list of related books/movies/tv shows recommended by the Seattle Public Library and questions for you and your students to answer after seeing the play.
- Participate in a lively, guided post-play discussion that includes the actors and director.
- A limited number of show posters are available for each show. Request one for you classroom.
- Want to know what happens behind the scenes? Request our Between the Lines newsletter for each show (excluding Christmas). It will include interviews with actors and designers and have other fun facts about the production.
- For an additional fee Taproot Theatre is happy to arrange theatre tours, special talks with theatre designers, and/or classroom visits to enhance your humanities curriculum.
Essential Academic Learning Requirements
Taproot’s Intergenerational Matinee Program partially fulfills the following EALRs:
- Arts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.4; 2.1, 2.3; 4.1, 4.2, 4.4
- Communication: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
- Social Studies: History: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3