Taproot Theatre Company’s Senior Matinee Program provides seniors with an affordable way to participate in live theatre. Seniors aged 62 and older can enjoy a convenient daytime performance at our theatre. We offer Sennheiser listening devices, a Hearing Loop in the Jewell Mainstage Theatre, wheelchair and walker accessible seating.
Our performances make a great outing for Retirement Communities, Senior Centers, book clubs, church groups and more. For more information or to book your tickets, please contact Group Sales at email@example.com 206.781.9708.
Tickets for Senior Matinees cannot always be purchased online.
Welcome to Intergenerational Matinees at Taproot Theatre! Our intergenerational program enhances student education, providing theatre as a tool and springboard for learning, growth and communication. Additionally, these matinees are intended to bridge a gap between student and senior groups creating a learning environment where different ages can interact and discuss the play.
2017 Intergenerational Matinee Season
Busman’s Honeymoon | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
By Dorothy L. Sayers and M. St. Clare Byrne
Wed, May 31 @ 10:00am
Age Recommendation: 12+
Free Teacher Preview: Tue, May 16 @ 7:30pm
Length: 2 hours & 30 minutes, including one 15 minute intermission
Dorothy L. Sayers murder mystery. When a body is discovered in the basement of Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane’s country honeymoon hideaway – is it murder or an accident? While the supporting cast of characters complicate this confusing case, Peter and Harriet must decide if the pursuit of truth outweighs the pursuit of happiness.
Suggested Subjects: History, Language Arts, Literature, Theatre/Drama Download Play Guide
What are the benefits of attending an Intergenerational Matinee at Taproot Theatre?
- Tickets to a Jewell Mainstage production.
- Teachers are invited to attend FREE preview performances.
- FREE reproducible Play Guide that includes: articles relating to the show, an early look at the set and costumes, a list of related books/movies/tv shows recommended by the Seattle Public Library and questions for you and your students to answer after seeing the play.
- Participate in a lively, guided post-play discussion that includes the actors and director.
- A limited number of show posters are available for each show. Request one for you classroom.
- Want to know what happens behind the scenes? Request our Between the Lines newsletter for each show (excluding Christmas). It will include interviews with actors and designers and have other fun facts about the production.
- For an additional fee Taproot Theatre is happy to arrange theatre tours, special talks with theatre designers, and/or classroom visits to enhance your humanities curriculum.
Essential Academic Learning Requirements
Taproot’s Intergenerational Matinee Program partially fulfills the following EALRs:
- Arts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.4; 2.1, 2.3; 4.1, 4.2, 4.4
- Communication: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
- Social Studies: History: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3