Helpful Information For You
Theatre Address and Directions to the theatre:
Taproot is located at:
204 N. 85th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
From I-5 (north or southbound):
- Take the North 85th Street exit and go west on North 85th about two miles, crossing Aurora Ave N/SR-99 and Greenwood Ave N.
- The theatre is in the first block west of Greenwood Ave N. on the right hand side of the street
- Get a map from your location to Taproot
The best parking options are the paid parking lot behind Chase Bank on the corner of Greenwood and 85th, nearby street parking, or one of the alternative complimentary parking lots listed below.
Please Note: the street parking along Palatine Ave N. is now 2 hour timed parking.
Taproot Theatre has arranged parking with the following businesses:
- Bank of America: Located on the corner of N. 85th St and Phinney Ave N one block east of Greenwood Ave N. This parking is available to Taproot Patrons Wednesday-Friday from 6pm-midnight and Saturday from 1pm-midnight.
- Department of Licensing: Also accessed from Phinney Ave N. The parking lot will be on the left after turning north on Phinney Ave N. Please park in the two west aisles of the lot (the ones closest to the theatre). This parking is available to Taproot patrons Wednesday-Friday from 6pm-midnight and Saturday from noon-midnight.
- Please do not park in the lot in front of Bartell Drugs and what was formerly Blockbuster or in the Greenwood Fred Meyer lot. Thank you for helping us maintain good relationships with our neighboring businesses.
- Please do not park in the new and improved lot behind the theatre building. That lot is designated for patrons of the new buildings on Greenwood Ave. Again, thank you for helping us maintain good relationships with our neighboring businesses.
We suggest allowing at least 15 minutes of extra time to navigate construction and find parking or perhaps consider arriving early and enjoying a meal or drink at one of the nearby bars or restaurants.
Click on map for larger version
For the safety of our patrons and actors, late seating and reseating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to curtain.
Inclement Weather Policy
For our Inclement Weather Policy, please click here.
Wheelchair seating is available. Ask our box office about wheelchair seats when making your ticket reservation.
Assisted Listening Devices
A limited number of Assisted Listening Devices are available from the House Manager.
Young Children and Babies
For the viewing pleasure of all of our patrons, children under 5 are not admitted.
Concessions stand menu
A selection of beverages and cookies are available in our concessions area before the show and during intermission.
Food or Drink
Only bottled water or coffee or tea with a lid will be allowed into the auditorium. Sorry, no sodas or food items allowed. If you need to store leftover food from a meal, our House Manager or Concessions Manager would be happy to place this in our main floor fridge for you.
Cellular Phones, Beepers & Watch Alarms
Please turn off all cell phones, beepers and watch alarms for the duration of the performance.
Videotaping or photographing any production is a violation of U.S. Copyright Law.
Donations to Taproot Theatre
Taproot Theatre is always accepting donations. Donation forms and envelopes are available in the lobby and at the box office. Place completed form and check (if applicable) in sealed envelope and drop in glass jar in the upper lobby or hand it to an usher. For other donation options or with questions contact e-mail Joanna Vance or call her at 206.529.3672. Taproot Theatre is a registered 501 (c) (3) corporation. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Financial information available upon request. Contact email@example.com.
How do I volunteer?
Taproot Theatre is always looking for volunteers to usher, assist with mailings and participate in our Citiroots Program. For details on how to volunteer contact us at 206.529.3655 or by e-mail.
Lost & Found
All items left in the theatre are brought to the Box Office Lost & Found. When the Lost & Found is full, items will be donated to local thrift stores. If you believe you have lost something at our theatre, please contact the Box Office at 206.781.9707.