PLAYING IN THE ISAAC STUDIO THEATRE
Patsy Cline had a singular way of telling a story.
Seating in the Isaac Studio Theatre is General Admission, there are no reserved seats.
Tune in as her songs and letters weave a big-hearted tale of love and loss told through her unlikely friendship with Texas housewife, Louise Seger. This musical tribute features Cayman Ilika and Kate Jaeger, two of Seattle’s finest voices, recreating the sound that captured the love of a nation with hits like “Walkin’ After Midnight,” “I Fall to Pieces” and “Crazy.”
Cayman Ilika* – Patsy Cline
Kate Jaeger* – Louise Seger
THE BODACIOUS BOBCATS BAND
Claire Marx – Piano/Conductor
Olivia D. Hamilton – Bass
Jesse Whitford – Percussion
Justin S. Davis – Electric Guitar
Dave Harmonson – Pedal Steel
Karen Lund – Director
Brynne McKeen – Costume Design
Kent Cubbage – Lighting Design
Mark Lund – Scenic & Sound Design
Abigail Pishaw – Stage Manager
José Samuel Clair – Dramaturg
Alyssa Keene – Dialect Coach
*Member of Actor's Equity Association
MARCH 14 - APRIL 6, 2019
approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, including one 15-minute intermission
$30-35, dependent on day and time; fees may apply
Have a group of 10 or more? Save $10 when you purchase 10 or more tickets to any performance.* Click here to learn more. *excludes PWYC & Midweek Matinees
- Broadwayworld | Jay Irwin
- "Always... Patsy Cline starring two gems, Cayman Ilika and Kate Jaeger who will rock you, crack you up, and maybe even bring a tear to your eye with their absolute brilliance."
- "Backed up by the outstanding Bodacious Bobcat Band directed by Karen Lund, the show will keep your toes tappin' and you singing the songs long after you leave the theater."
- "Ilika's voice is from the Gods and fits perfectly into the Patsy Cline songbook. She brings oodles of heart and joy to each number and, of course, notes that will melt your face off."
- "Jaeger too has a killer voice as she gets to join in on a few numbers. ... One of the funniest women in town she manages to keep the audience rolling with a simple look."
- "... the two have incredible chemistry together..."
- "And so, with my three-letter rating system, I give Always... Patsy Cline at Taproot a 'yes we do want you to sing one more song ... or 12' YAY."
- "So, follow your treasure maps (or just Google map it) over to Taproot to catch this treasure before it's gone."
- Miryam's Theater Musings | Miryam Gordon
- "It's a real treat to tell you about this piece and encourage you to go see it."
- "This particular homage never feels strained or out-0f-sync. It encapsulates Patsy's biggest hits, and entwines a few of them into the relationship..."
- Ilika and Jaeger are perfect foils for each other. Jaeger's 'everyday woman' expresses such awe that this talented celebrity could be such a 'normal' person. Jaeger's enthusiasm for the superfan role is palpable. She dances enthusiastically to the upbeat songs."
- "While Ilika is hands down one of the best singers in town, Jaeger is one of the funniest!"
- "Karen Lund's direction moves everything along smoothly and the small band, the Bodacious Bobcat Band play on stage (Claire Marx or Julia Thornton piano/conducting, Olivia D. Hamilton bass, Jesse Whitford percussion, Justin S. Davis guitar, Dave Harmonson pedal steel) make this concert musical feel quite real."
- "Brynne McKeen's costuming is particularly nice with quite a lot of costume changes inserted and some beautiful dresses for Cline's concert performances."
- "If you have a woman in your life who is age-appropriate to have fallen in love with Patsy at the time, this might be a terrific early Mother's Day present, but no one needs to feel like they should know Patsy Cline hits to enjoy the show."
- Seattle Theater+Dance | Rosemary Jones
- "knockout performances"
- "... see this amazing duo rip through the 'somebody done somebody wrong' oeuvre of Patsy Cline."
- "With sass (Jaeger) and class (Ilika), the pair recreate the brief and memorable friendship of a Texas divorcee and the queen of heartbreak music..."
- "The packed house last Saturday erupted into applause for every classic sob song: 'Crazy,' 'Walkin' After Midnight,' and 'I Fall to Pieces.'"
- "Ilika owns a huge voice and bounced the big numbers off the roof."
- "Just as large is Jaeger's comic timing and as the ultimate Cline fan, she rules the stage..."
- "A very special tip of the cowboy hat also was earned by The Bodacious Bobcats Band with Claire Marx, Olivia D. Hamilton, Jesse Whitford, Justin S. Davis, and Dave Harmonson. This quintet kept the beat, never missed a joke, and served up some mighty fine honky tonk music."
- Northwest Prime Time | Steven Sieden
- "... a masterful two-woman show backed by The Bodacious Bobcat Band."
- "...Jaeger as Seger brings both comic relief and genuine humanity to the performance."
- "The band and the singing in this production are well worth the ticket price..."
- "... Always... Patsy Cline is entertaining and leaves most audience members walking out of the theater with one of Cline's many hits playing in their head."